newb to freshwater and planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have mystery snails. I googled that, doesn't really look like they are that.

Are they for sure some type of eggs?

Tested the water. For being way over stocked it is pretty good. I did a 50 percent water change to bring the nitrates down. I'll stay on top of it until I convince my mom to bring stocking down.

Plants are growing, showing new roots, diatoms are gone, nothing has died, mollies had babies, there's an egg sack, things are going so good!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130220_134942.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130220_134942.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 43
Tested the water. For being way over stocked it is pretty good. I did a 50 percent water change to bring the nitrates down. I'll stay on top of it until I convince my mom to bring stocking down.

Plants are growing, showing new roots, diatoms are gone, nothing has died, mollies had babies, there's an egg sack, things are going so good!!!

Great job!

All very positive, happy days :)

Do I gravel siphon the fluorite planted substrate?

Doesn't seem like I would.

I never gravel vac substrate in a planted tank. It's too easy to damage roots while doing it. I've run a planted tank 5 years before and never vacuumed the substrate. As long as you don't over feed and you keep decaying plant matter cleaned up you should be good.

Thanks guys. Got two new plants today. Done sort if melon sword and a purplish red vine-y looking plant. It's very pretty.

I'm hate the naja grass but my mom loves it. In losing interest because it covers everything and blocks the light and colors. I really hope she will get rid of it. :(

Can you post a pic of the purple viney looking plant cause I'm betting it's a bog plant and not fully aquatic.

I love this tank so much, rivercats.
I see you have the TOTM award.. where can I view yours?

Frogs at play. They are so cute.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130306_161738.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130306_161738.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50
  • ForumRunner_20130306_161748.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130306_161748.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom