Newbie at aquascaping, new tank... Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not sure of the name of the plant I have in my tank. But it grows so nice now that I took the bad plant out that is not aquatic. It was a purple waffle plant. Pretty but made a mess. Im now learning about all the plants. Your lucky to not have algae problems. that's frustrating!

Ok so I finally got a 20 gallong tank. So I switched everything to that. Now I have more room to work with. Here is a pic it looks plain now in the bigger tank. I am looking for a piece of driftwood to make into a tree for in the tank, im going to use some christmas moss for the leaves on the tree. I can't wait!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110624_174613.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110624_174613.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 179
Well I have come across another obstacle...my tank now has ick and I lost one fish so far....I talked to someone and they said ick is caused by the temp in the tank fluctuating...so he advised I put my heater in and get ick treatment....my poor fish...so far its affecting my neon tetras and my puffer...I will be very upset if I loose my puffer to this..he has been happy in my tank...

brandi17201 said:
Well I have come across another obstacle...my tank now has ick and I lost one fish so far....I talked to someone and they said ick is caused by the temp in the tank fluctuating...so he advised I put my heater in and get ick treatment....my poor fish...so far its affecting my neon tetras and my puffer...I will be very upset if I loose my puffer to this..he has been happy in my tank...

Aquarium salt and heat. No ich treatment. :)

So I got rid of the ick in my tank. All of my fish died but my green spotted puffer. I just recently had flat worms in my tank, and did a complete change and rinsed tank and stones out in hot water. Puffer survived that has well. I have him to the point where he will eat out of my hand. I have been feeding him dried shrimp. Anyone have any suggestions to what else I can feed him?

Back
Top Bottom