Newbie seeks general advice and suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an update post on what I have done thus far.

Firstly; now I know why all 4 of my bamboo shrimp died. Killed by the medicine that was meat to keep them well. The irony. And they were expensive too. No more medicine or magic potions. I lost so many fishes like anyone new to the hobby that I believed the tonic would help. Hmmmm I see you have them too, Allivymar. I will give them another go.

I cannot get a HOB filter because I have no space around the tank. I can get an expensive filter in the cabinet below but since corvuscorax reckons I have time, I have bought a cheap and quiet but powerful air pump. It has 4 outlets so I have added a second uplift and an airstone into the tank. Also since no-one here seems to be using the UGF, I will champion it for others like me. Also changed the plant in the tank for one better suited to the gravel.

The pleco is doing a good job on the algae but ruined my sunken ship décor. So added the driftwood you all suggested. It actually looks better than the plastic ship.

My local fish shop is getting me a python, or similar in for me. He knows about them

Updated picture of my tank now
updated-fish-tank.jpg

Thanks everyone, for the help so far. These forums have been as relaxing as my aquarium. If no one objects, I would please like to loiter around and to learn more and maybe answer less experienced peoples questions as best as I can, when I can

btw I think your gravel is a bit too thin for both ugf and plant. actually i m using ugf too :)

i would recommend you add the gravel to a about 2-3 inches (mine is approx 3.5 inches)

actually i m in the process of building a external canister filter for my current 200L tank. i also have difficulty getting a fliter as my tank hook also dont allow a HOB type (and inside the hood simply don allow me to add any filter dripping box) and those external type are way too expensive for me. Are you those DYI? i might post some pic once i finish within 1-2 day just for your reference.

the commercial type cost about $120-$200, the one i construct cost my $25 :).

Btw i learn the snake-oil medicine lesson the hard way as you too, but then any1 here dont? LOL

Back
Top Bottom