Newbie trying to set up his tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duydawg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First post!

Below, I have my current 10 gallon aquarium. I just bought some ACE ammonia, but I am currently waiting for my API master kit to arrive in the mail by this friday, along with my LED hood.

I currently bought two anurbias, one small and one medium and planted them under some gravel.

As you can see, I have this huge center piece, and would like to give it a more "ancient forgotten city" feeling by growing some sort of plant on it, so that it covers the center piece. Does anyone have a plant that they can reccomend? I bought a marineland 20 by 10 LED light on amazon ( its on sale for 25, instead of the typical 100)

I was reading on some baby tears, as I wouldn't mind having some plants floating about ontop. Any insight would be great!

My ideal tank would have two dwarf frogs, a betta fish, a snail, and two clams. Youre probably thinking, why a snail and two clams? Well, the answer is because I already have them living in a smaller tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0371[1].jpg
    IMG_0371[1].jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 68
greetings.

you can try to grow Java Fern on the statue.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

Java moss is a possibility to cover your ornament. Plus it works in any kind of light.

I google'd Java moss and I like them. However, Do they always grow so long???

In addition, I would like some floating aquatic plants, to provide a "green canopy" look. Can java moss be used to serve this purpose as well?

Thanks for the replies! I'll be sure to upload pictures once I am done

Java moss grows continually but you can always trim it. It's also a fairly slow grower. It doesn't float too well, though. For a green 'canopy' I suggest oak leaf water sprite or water wisteria.

I also use duckweed and salvinia minima on many of my tanks, but these floaters can easily take over the top of the tank and need to be removed periodically.

Back
Top Bottom