Nicks 10 Gallon Pea Puffer Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikachu0315

Aquarium Advice Freak
.So I had a extra 10 gallon laying around and thought about a Pufferfish Tank! I looked up some freshwater puffers and the pea puffers really appealed to me. Tips And Advice are appreciated even critique ! The initial stock I'm going to put: 2 female puffers and 1 male puffer and 3 otos. Will they be okay or no? I've read you can you keep otos and pea puffers. Also will they attack big rams horns or mystery snails?

They will attack the snails it's their favorite treat cause puffers teeth are infused like a beak and always grow chomping on hard stuff helps

3x pea puffers are fine with the otos. They eat snails so i would imagine the larger ones as a slow fleshy target. I recommend getting a really good filter that's rated over, maybe double, for the 10g. They're messy little fish with high bioloads so this is essential. Also be prepared to feed them frozen brine, bloodworms, etc. because they won't even look at pellets or flakes. Lastly, plant heavily and create caves or what not with driftwood and rocks because these fish would get bored real easy in a 10g. Just my 2 cents. I've been caring for my dwarf puffs for 2 years now.. Great fish with special needs :)

Back
Top Bottom