Nils' Tanks Expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did keep gups in big girl for abt a month while redoing their tank. No issues what so ever... But there is a ton of territory & hiding in there. So this may not be usual results.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I guess it depends on footprint.... this is a 16 gallon right? No idea what the footprint is in that size.

Yeah that's what I was kinda guessing. Footprint of the 16 is weird anyway, wish it were more like a 20 long.

On a side note, turns out GBRs love silver fish! Female was able to get it down, male didn't even try. My go to pest solutions....

I'll try and upload some pics of the 10 later, not much to see. Still have to go to a creek and get some rocks. Tons of quartz in there. Not sure if I already mentioned this but I planted the pogo octo in the 10, dry start method for a few days. Misting it a few times a day. Also put some octo in the 16, going to be interesting to see how it does. Shout out to Fish Wrangler for the plants!

The 10 is going to be mostly a crypt and blyxa tanks. Going to leave it at that along with whatever plants come out of the 5.5, along with an amazon sword. Still gotta get around to going to the LFS to pick up some crypts. If anyone has any crypts or blyxa they'd be willing to sell me send me a PM, might post a want in classifieds.

The 10 is going to be mostly a crypt and blyxa tanks. Going to leave it at that along with whatever plants come out of the 5.5, along with an amazon sword. Still gotta get around to going to the LFS to pick up some crypts. If anyone has any crypts or blyxa they'd be willing to sell me send me a PM, might post a want in classifieds.
I believe Brooks has blyxa. I can get crypts at the end of the month from my friend who raises them, if you can wait.

Brenna

I believe Brooks has blyxa. I can get crypts at the end of the month from my friend who raises them, if you can wait.

Brenna

Sweet I'll shoot Brooksie a PM. I'll see if I don't have any crypts by then, but if I don't I may have to take you up on that offer. Thanks!

Brooks is gonna hook me up with some blyxa. Still gonna check the LFS for some crypts. Got some creek rocks today, just loosely arranged them. I'll take a couple pics and post.

Pics

img_3330934_0_dc314edd2877a5e6bacb7561cdd3963c.jpg

img_3330934_1_e4b85f30bb53b1462fb6e08ba4f4a660.jpg

img_3330934_2_b474b926407ea5a2c7403d2c11f0cbe3.jpg

Good work nilsy... Like your style

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, looks pretty and right now lol but once filled and planted I'm pretty sure it'll look better. Just noticed I accidentally made a sort of path in the middle there between the 2 rock piles, might leave that empty of plants, just fill in everything around it. I've got a lot more rocks so I can still mess around with the scape. Got a small piece of petrified wood that's in the 5.5 right now so still need to squeeze that in somewhere. Right now I'm thinking that the dwarf sag will look awesome in the back ground, baby tears in the back left, blyxa and crypts everywhere else. And moss tied to rocks. Got some others I've forgotten about....whatever, they'll show up :lol:

Its missing something but I can't put my finger on err should I say in it. Fill that baby up Nils!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its missing something but I can't put my finger on err should I say in it. Fill that baby up Nils!

yeah, I know what you're saying. Missing some height. Hoping the plants will fill that in. Don't know if I should get another bag of sand, would help mound up some piles and get the rocks a bit higher. Plus the cap seems a bit shallow....

Caught along and signed into my Youtube account. Going to try and film some stuff soon, I'd like to get the puffs + the GBRs. BTW the hood on the 10 was temporary, and to put on the lights so you could actually see something.

Excuses excuees tisk tisk. Those plants will fill in any height you want, add some water for the full effect

Nils-canister came in. Haven't set it up yet but I think it will do me good-bit bulkier than I'd like to be honest. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452554959.426813.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nils-canister came in. Haven't set it up yet but I think it will do me good-bit bulkier than I'd like to be honest. View attachment 283476

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beat me lol

Mines scheduled for tomorrow. I like how it's going to be a bit bigger so more media than that dinky Zoo Med. Feeling horrible right now (hehe :angel: ) , staying home from school tomorrow, gonna give me time to play with it. Might even be able to get to the LFS for some crypts........:dance:

Back
Top Bottom