No green thumb here (Plant Help Plz)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 29gal tank w/ nice fish, very good filtration, and good lighting (2x 55watt bulb fixture). The thing is, I want some plants to really make this tank look great. I want some Anubias (Braod leaf plants). What nutrients, or other things will i need to make these plants flourish???

(PICS COMING SOON)

That is a lot of light, @ 3.8wpg. In that case, you will need C02 injection and some liquid ferts (flourish excel and nitrate just to name a couple).

You could DIY for the CO2 injection...there are threads and an article in the Articles Section on it.

With the amount of light you have and with C02 injection and some ferts, you could have just about any plant.

Read all the stickies -- you can't mess around with that light. You could grow lots of plants with one 55w over 29gal by applying the medium/low light principles discussed in this forum.

Anubias will grow under lower light. I have various anubias under 2x15w NO in a 20 long, fwiw. It is an extremely low maintenance tank with no dosing.

even with CO2, that much light can be hard to keep up with. my very first planted tank was a 29gal with 2x55w PC's. Two 1gallon jugs of DIY mixture used, but I still had BBA.
Granted, I was a newbie...but its gonna be a HIGH maintanence tank.

Back
Top Bottom