No idea what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw his shipping price and plant prices and I would totally get some from him but when I got on almost everything was sold out. I just want to find out how much Dustin's shipping is. I also wonder if I can just drive down. I'll be about to be back down in Lexington which is always fun ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bet Dustin would be totally down to meet a costumer. I would imagine he would give you free plants in person. U.S. Priority mail is $7. Not sure what Dustin uses.

-find me on Instagram: Aqua_cedrus

That would be pretty cool! I tried to find the prices but I couldn't find it. I think if it's going to be like $20 I'd just go to my lfs or Jacob's website. But I'm not sure where to get my plants. I don't want to spend too much money and it be a fail and spend like 20 dollars and like 20 on shipping

Jacob sells them atleast half the price as your LFS. He has a flat rate of $7 for any number of plants you order and reaches you in two days.

-find me on Instagram: Aqua_cedrus

I discovered by "accident" that my local Craig'sList has lots of offers for live plants. Excellent prices.

Haven't checked it out yet due to weather. I assume it takes more effort to get them but might be a solution if if you need lots of plants at once.

Might be a good idea to quarantine plants from iffy sources - or so I hear. Haven't had to do that yet.

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

I know that the none of the local fish stores have Java ferns so I might order them online. I would like to order from Dustin's fish tanks because we both live in Kentucky just an hour drive

I thought he lived in Florida. Where in Kentucky does he live? I live in Louisville.

Also, I know people who ordered from him and said they weren't impressed. A lot of people will give you extra plants and everything, apparently dealing with Dustin is very exhausting, not much communication even when shipments will be late, and the product wasn't always great.

I like buying plants from people on here. Always really nice, cheap, and I haven't had a bad purchase. I did just order a lot from Bluegrass Aquatics. It was $11 shipping for 2-day FedEx from Florida to Kentucky. They'll arrive today so hopefully the plants are nice. I've always been impressed with their fish when I've ordered from them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've ordered most of my plants from eBay. Never paid more than a few bucks for shipping. Always came in wet and healthy.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would recommend the AA site or The Planted Tank sales forum. Members only, but free to join.
A ton of plants sold on there.

Yes I'm considering Jacob's plants because of the prices! The reason why I was considering Dustin's plants because I see the plants and I can see kind of want I'm going to get. I also heard Dustin say in a video that he lived in Lexington. I might look up some stuff on Craig's list and see what I find. I have come across Bluegrass aquatics when I was looking up some cheater African cichlids. I saw that they also have plants. I tried to order some cichlids but I say that the shipping was I believe 50 dollars so I cancelled my order. Do they have cheaper prices for plants? And isn't there a building in Louisville?

Yes I'm considering Jacob's plants because of the prices! The reason why I was considering Dustin's plants because I see the plants and I can see kind of want I'm going to get. I also heard Dustin say in a video that he lived in Lexington. I might look up some stuff on Craig's list and see what I find. I have come across Bluegrass aquatics when I was looking up some cheater African cichlids. I saw that they also have plants. I tried to order some cichlids but I say that the shipping was I believe 50 dollars so I cancelled my order. Do they have cheaper prices for plants? And isn't there a building in Louisville?

Or if you have a local LFS that is not a chain store. Mine has like 8 tanks dedicated to lots of types of plants. Sold by the handful.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Every time I've ordered fish from Bluegrass Aquatics it's been over $100 worth, so shipping was always $39 for me and then Eddie the owner would always give me a 20-30% off code to use. But yes, if you order just plants it's a flat rate of $11. They don't have a brick and mortar location here anymore. It still shows up on Google but they've moved everything to Florida because there's a lot better access to fish, etc.

I agree with Coursair though, the best places to buy plants are either here in the classifieds or the planted tank forum. Make a thread with what you're looking for and I'm sure within two days you'll have some good offers that beat any online retailer.

There is petsmart and they have a a planted tank that never has plants!!! There is also a Jack's Pets but I'm pretty sure that's also a chain. World of Pets I think isn't but they have like 3 plants in the tank

Oh darn I thought they still had that store. I would have love to go and see it. Thanks for the info! I'm going to keep checking these websites just go see beginner plants and I might get in the plant section and see

PetSmart usually has those little plants in plastic tubes where they keep the bettas. I always see java fern there.

And just an update I got my package in from bluegrass aquatics and once again I'm very impressed. Well packaged, all the stems in bunches came wrapped in a plant anchor already, absolutely no trace of snails or snail eggs. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424991096.430331.jpg

Darn it I forgot to check bluegrass aquatics! I checked Jacob's aquariums and idk what those tropica plants are? The baby tears cost more then the other baby tears he has

Back
Top Bottom