No substrates just gavel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjPotter79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey what's up guy? I was wondering is there any plants I could put in my tank with just using gravel. Any info would help and be appreciated

Yes. You can plant just about anything plantable in gravel. Some plants will benefit from root tabs in the gravel with them, but that depends on the plant. I have gravel with Amazon swords, Argentine swords, hornwort, and stargrass planted in it. They all do great in there. :)

I would say you could use Java fern because you don't actually bury it. Just tie it to something to weigh it down. Otherwise I'm not knowledgeable enough to give advice..

i have plants in my gravel tank and whats really doing well are my dwarf lily's

I have gravel in my 55 and I have some sort of lily as well, along with a dwarf crypt, an Amazon sword, a melon sword, a cardinal plant, and add huge aponogeton crispus.

I have an anubias attached to driftwood, micro swords, amazon swords, ambulia, spathiphyllum, an hygro something or other. I dose flourish excel but I don't use root tabs (because there's nowhere local I can buy them that I've found) and I have gravel only as the substrate.

There's photos under my profile of my tank, the plants are growing really well.

absolutangel04 said:
Yes. You can plant just about anything plantable in gravel. Some plants will benefit from root tabs in the gravel with them, but that depends on the plant. I have gravel with Amazon swords, Argentine swords, hornwort, and stargrass planted in it. They all do great in there. :)

I know it's off topic but could you send me a pic of the argentine sword I've been thinking of trading it but if I see how it grows in time I'll kept it
Thanks

Thanks again guys I really appreciate it.
@ miss smish your tank looks awesome and I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with dirt cause im so new to all of this it just seems confusing to me

Back
Top Bottom