Not quite sure what I'm doing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I recently redid my whole tank set up. (28 gallon) The employee at the pet store told me it's always nice to have a few live plants in the tank so I bought a moneywort plant and a green cambomba. Thing is, I'm not really sure what they're supposed to do for my aquarium or if any special care is needed. It's been over a week and so far they seem to be doing pretty good. I have a pretty sparse aquarium with only the two plants, 1 large decoration, 1 small decoration, and 1 medium sized decoration that is a bubbler connected to the air pump. The fish will probably be community.

they have many benefits such as. helping maintain water quality, adding beauty to the aquarium, and making the fish more at home. really you dont HAVE tofo anything for the plants unless you have a nutritional inbalance and need Co2 or ferts. which means your lights are too high with not enough of the other stuff.

The plants are good for eating up nitrates and adding oxygen...with the green cabomba as it grows when it gets tall cut it and replant the cuttings they will grow into another bundle of cabomba

Back
Top Bottom