Nova Extreme T5 Aquarium Lighting GOOD OR BAD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnarlybr02k12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, after looking around for some 20G 30in light fixtures I have found this one for a great price. I've been looking for reviews for the quality of this product but I have not found many.

So this is where I ask you guys for a review. If you own it do does it work for you? Maybe you know of someone who has it and maybe know a little bit about their experience.

Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Freshwater Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X24 Watt, 30 inch

Thanks, Michael

Got 4 on my 125, 2-36" and 2-24". I love them! Never had a problem, bright and reliable so far. Had mine for over a year and connected to a timer.

Got 4 on my 125, 2-36" and 2-24". I love them! Never had a problem, bright and reliable so far. Had mine for over a year and connected to a timer.

Sweet! Thats very reassuring because I don't want my first light fixture to be a fail.

I use this fixture. I put geisemann bulbs in it. Wonderful fixture

Giesemann bulbs are just a better quality bulb, tho the current bulbs will be fine. I believe they will come with a 10k and rosette bulbs which will be good for your plants. I think you will be happy with your decision.
Just a thought, since your adding good lighting to your system, do you dose CO2? You will probably notice a diatom bloom once ur lights have been on for a couple weeks. CO2 will fill in the missing link in your system helping it stay stable from algae blooms.

You will be happy with it. It's no ATI fixture but it is far and away better than Oddysea, FishNeedIt, CoraLife and all the EBay fixtures out there. It has individual reflectors so that is a huge plus.
Giesemann bulbs are just a bit higher quality (again, they are not ATI bulbs buy hey) than the stock bulbs but you won't need to worry about that for 8-12 months unless you don't like the way it looks.

Just a thought, since your adding good lighting to your system, do you dose CO2? You will probably notice a diatom bloom once ur lights have been on for a couple weeks. CO2 will fill in the missing link in your system helping it stay stable from algae blooms.

The tank is not set up yet. But it will be a dirted tank with PFS. With this specific light fixture for a 20g Long tank would it make it LOW/MED/or HIGH lighted tank? I am still confused with that whole deal.

You will be happy with it. It's no ATI fixture but it is far and away better than Oddysea, FishNeedIt, CoraLife and all the EBay fixtures out there. It has individual reflectors so that is a huge plus.
Giesemann bulbs are just a bit higher quality (again, they are not ATI bulbs buy hey) than the stock bulbs but you won't need to worry about that for 8-12 months unless you don't like the way it looks.

Sounds great! I am beyond stoked on starting this tank!

The tank is not set up yet. But it will be a dirted tank with PFS. With this specific light fixture for a 20g Long tank would it make it LOW/MED/or HIGH lighted tank? I am still confused with that whole deal.

Sounds great! I am beyond stoked on starting this tank!

High, except for maybe an inch or three on either side.

What do you mean by an inch on either side?

It's a 30" fixture with 24" bulbs (actually only ~22" long). So, if the bulbs are centered and not staggered, you will have 4" on either side of the tank that is not directly under a bulb. It will still be lit up, just slightly less intense on the sides.

It's a 30" fixture with 24" bulbs (actually only ~22" long). So, if the bulbs are centered and not staggered, you will have 4" on either side of the tank that is not directly under a bulb. It will still be lit up, just slightly less intense on the sides.

Ohhh haha wow I should have realized what you were talking about.

Back
Top Bottom