Number of plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was looking online at a sire that offers plant packages, and for a 5-10 gallon tank their package had 11 plants. Doesn't this seem like a lot? I will be getting a 12g and was thinking of getting only 8, will my tank be empty with that?

i think its how you space your plants, and how much they will grow. personally i wouldnt buy those package thingys beacuse im pretty picky, and i like picking my own plants out

makes me feel special :lol:

Jchillin said:
Are we talking about a package containing several different plants, 2/3 different groups or the same plants?

Several different types of plants for a total of 11. They take into account your lighting and CO2 with the package too. I'm not really thinking too seriously about getting my plants online, its just more a question of how many plants go in a 12g tank?

Chances are the plant bunches aren't too large so eleven bunches would fit nicely in a 12G. Most online stores don't give you very large bunches when you order plants so it's always a good idea to get at least a couple of each type that you order. www.aquariumlandscapes.net (my favorite place) is one of the few where you can count on getting good-sized bunches of extremely healthy plants when you order. They cost a bit more but for what you get it is well worth it IMHO :)

Back
Top Bottom