Nutrafin cycle and plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 6.6 fluval Chi that has one betta in it. It also has one small anubias plant and one small Java fern plant. For some reason, the plants are turning white. I've been told it is most likely nutrient deficiency. I do use nutrafin cycle once a week during water changes. That might be part of the problem. So for the main question, if I have 2 plants in the tank, do I need to keep dosing nutrafin cycle every week?

If java fern and anubias are your only plants, they should do fairly well without fertilizers. However, if they have decent lighting, this will increase the need for some minor fertilization.
If the tank is cycled, their is no need to use nitration cycle. But, using it would not cause any issues.

Do you have a filter on the tank/performing water changes?

Nutrafin cycle will not cause issues with java fern, and as long as the tank is cycled you do not need to use the cycle product

If java fern and anubias are your only plants, they should do fairly well without fertilizers. However, if they have decent lighting, this will increase the need for some minor fertilization.
If the tank is cycled, their is no need to use nitration cycle. But, using it would not cause any issues.

Do you have a filter on the tank/performing water changes?

Nutrafin cycle will not cause issues with java fern, and as long as the tank is cycled you do not need to use the cycle product
Yes the tank is cycled. It has a filter and I do 25 percent water changes once a week. The lighting is just 11 small LEDs

Back
Top Bottom