Nutrafin Plant Gro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revenantwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought Nutrafin Plant Gro and im not sure if its good. It has copper in it and i've heard it can be bad. Any ideas?

Almost all trace ferts have some amount of copper in them. All off the shelf ferts that I am aware of do, including SeaChem Flourish and API Leafzone... Also, CSM+B has trace amounts as well. If you use ferts like those, you don't have to worry much about copper levels reaching high enough levels to kill inverts.

cuz my java ferns are doing TERRIBLE. i keep the light on them for like 5-8 hours a day and it still rots

Revenantwing said:
cuz my java ferns are doing TERRIBLE. i keep the light on them for like 5-8 hours a day and it still rots

Java fern is a pretty basic plant and even with low lights and no ferts, it grew well for me. My ferns are pearling at the moment :D. What's your setup like?

5 gallon w/ apple snail and a betta. Uncycled tank. Got java moss growing decently. Can the Java moss be taking all the nutrients?

cycling my tank extremely slowly. Its okay :]. i let it float and it did bad. i buried just the roots and it still did bad. i didnt cover the rhizomes.

Revenantwing said:
cycling my tank extremely slowly. Its okay :]. i let it float and it did bad. i buried just the roots and it still did bad. i didnt cover the rhizomes.

That's good on both points.

Not sure what could keep them going south. Do you have any DW or rocks to tie them to?

I keep mine tied to DW and no issues. Did have some BA on them, but a couple AES cleaned them up good.

i tied one to a piece of driftwood. the rhizomes started to rot. The healthy and rotten side split in 2 so now i have 1 healthy piece and 1 almost dead piece.

Revenantwing said:
i tied one to a piece of driftwood. the rhizomes started to rot. The healthy and rotten side split in 2 so now i have 1 healthy piece and 1 almost dead piece.

I always heard they do best tied to something, but others here have had luck with free planting the roots. Maybe just let the good one go and see what happens. I read on one site that too much light wasn't good for them, but that seemed kinda dingy to me lol.

Back
Top Bottom