ODNO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gone fishin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I get some input on ODNO lighting? I just installed it on my tank, went from 4'x4 to 4'x2 bulbs and my plants are practically foaming. These 2 bulbs produce an awesome amount of light and I got to toss my cooling fan. Any long term experience to cool my jets?

Do you have an electronic ballast? All I know about it is that you can't use a magnetic ballast and that it is slightly risky (?), and you might still need a fan on them.

I am interested in others' experiences, too.

I did exactly as show at http://www.plantedtank.net/odno.html It all cost $30, but I already had the hood, sockets etc. After two days my swords are shooting out leaves that look like zebra stripes-tons of color in them. Reds are so dark on my Echinodorus bartbii they are almost black. I can barely even feel warmth on top of my hood, and as I said, I tossed the fan. The lights have a very nice color, I like the natural sunlight look. Yesterday I filled a garbage can with clippings, Just so it can grow back with that awesome color. Pretty depressing now, but in a couple of weeks, I'll be lovin it! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom