Odyessa quad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to know if the oddyessa quad t5ho lights fixture will work for high light plants on a tank that is a 55 gallon it is the normal height but I forget how tall it is?

I believe it would give you high light, but here's something to consider, research, or whatever... I believe I read somewhere that odyssea reflectors are poor or mediocre. Not sure the exact quality so maybe someone can chime in on that. Whereas an Aquatic life fixture has very good reflectors around each bulb. Basically this may result in comparable light output using less bulbs/power, which also means less bulbs to replace annually.

Check out the third graph taking into account reflector quality multiplied by bulb count.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1038305#post1038305

I want to know if the oddyessa quad t5ho lights fixture will work for high light plants on a tank that is a 55 gallon it is the normal height but I forget how tall it is?

I had a aquaticlife dual t5ho with 2 geissman midday bulbs on my 55 gallon before I sold it and I would say its high light. Not so much on my 75 gallon though.

my first light was an oddyssea twin t5ho . i can vouch that it is a very good light for the money . the reflectors are just reflective film but it served me well for a year until i upgraded . they are made sturdy and i think you will be happy . although when i researched before buying i read that the 4 bulb models moonlights fail after a while but maybe they fixed that .

I'm using the oddysea quad on a new 55 gal. The only thing I don't like so far in my limited experience with it is that it's a little too long for my tank. The brackets on the ends don't set right. But, so far the light quality is fine.

Back
Top Bottom