Odyssea t5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Odyssea t5HO

What are your experiences with these lights? How well are these lights over a 55g? Also, can one bulb be ran at a time? I ask the last question because I am currently using 2 t8 and I know once I go t5ho I may have to use gradually...

I've been runnin their quad t5 for over a year. I love it haven't had a single issue yet

I got one but I just completely cleared out my tank. Had a bad outbreak of cyano so I just dumped it all.

This is with 1 bulb, I run 1 bulb for an hour and then 2 for 5 hrs, Any more then that and I get algae issue's. 55g tank.

Attachments

• 1Bulb.JPG
    1Bulb.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 73
This is with 1 bulb, I run 1 bulb for an hour and then 2 for 5 hrs, Any more then that and I get algae issue's. 55g tank.

That was something else I was wondering... how are you getting one bulb to run (manually removing one then add it back?) because I wanted to gradually use both bulbs myself

That was something else I was wondering... how are you getting one bulb to run (manually removing one then add it back?) because I wanted to gradually use both bulbs myself

The light I have is a 3 bulb and the timer allows you to run 1, 2 or 3 bulbs plus led moon lights in whatever combination you want. So i do 1 bulb on at 5:30 then off at 6:30 then 2 bulbs on at 6:30 and off at 11:30 then (sometimes) led moon lights on at 11:30 off at 12:00. You get the idea.

I used to run 1 on then 3 then 1 but it was to much light and the plants were just growing to fast, and then the algae got me.

They don't have the 3 bulb light anymore but they do have the 4 which I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you could pull one bulb out of that bank and achieve the same thing I'm doing (if you wanted to)

If you just get a 2 bulb fixture you'd be fine as long as you don't try and do it for 12 hours or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom