Off Gasing co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
I wasn't sure which forum to place this under. I have my lights and my co2 on timers and they are working well. The problem I have is that when I have my 02 pump on after the co2 is off the fizz from the 02 bubbles soaks the bulbs and or splash gaurd as I am running lidless. I thought I might need to off gas the co2 because after I ran a co2 cycle I let everything sit and when the cycle was ready to start again the fish were stuck to the surface. This has turned into a very frustrating thing because I now have to wait until the cycle is over, put the tops on and turn on the air, only to have to do the reverse in the morning. Are there any suggestions from you all? Please help! :banghead:

Depending on how much light you have, can you raise the fixture a bit?

Any water stains (hard water stains) or distortion on the bulbs/splash guard is going to reduce the light entering your tank anyway, so raising it might be the lesser of two evils.

Try an hour. That'll give the co2 time to be used up by the plants before the lights go off so it's not so high at night. And, you want it to come on about 30-45 minutes before the lights come on.

So you are saying 1 hour before and I should not need to off gas? Is there any solution to the o2 fizz problem.

I am going to try a combination of all the suggestions, maybe except raising the lights. I had to try so I bought 1 pot of DBT and they are growing shoots! I will start with time management and adjusting my o2 regulator more.
Even if off gasing is necessary there doesn't have to be a lot of o2.

If the CO2 is not to high during the day it will not be at night. I turn mine off just to preserve it. I think you need some more surface agitation period, your fish should never have to come to the top except for dinner.

Yeah, I've seen pictures of them and they look delicate. 1. Can you recommend a seller? 2. Do they come with liquid and everything needed? Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom