Oh BOY! Confused about where to begin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a dark, dark road you are headed down my friend... but then you already know that from your previous experience... :)

A 55 is a great size tank to scape.

Ok, so I want all white bulbs...but 6700K or 10000K? The lights're ONLY $20 more for the 2 extra feet :D The substrate is crappy expensive though. I don't wanna pay $100+ for dirt!!! =O

Any combo of 6700 and 10000k is fine. I like one of each... 6700k is usually considered better for plants but it is also kind of yellow looking. 10000k is a nice white color, and still provides red and blue peaks so it is suitable for growing plants.

Oh, PFS is friggin $7/50lb bag! I'm feeling a lot better about sand!! :D

Fishneedit.com wouldn't let me pick two different bulbs unless one was blue and one white... I can potentially use the lights I already have, which are worthless for plants, as balancing lights, I suppose.

Will I still need root tabs if I fertilize the water?

Pfs is cheap, I usually get it for $1.99/50lbs. I used miracle Gro organic choice potting soil with a layer of pfs in my 125... Cost me about $20.

I would get two 10,000k bulbs... I like them better than the 6700k bulbs.

Hi , for my two cents I really like the T5HO dual fixture. I use it for my 45G tall. One white, one pink both 6500k and plants are looking great.

Miracle grow on the bottom? That sounds interesting! It doesn't have anything in it to hurt your fish? Would have never occurred to me! I'm still trying to finish reading your 40g journal! :)

Ahhh I skipped" organic" for some reason when I read that. :)

Oh boy...everyone says something different! :) Thanks for your input everyone! <3

Your tank is gorgeous, Jonathan! (I'm Rebekah btw since I've decided we're on a 1st name basis, haha). And where did you get those Kerris? I've never seen them offered!

Thanks Rebekah! I got those from two of the members here, HN1 and severum mama. They have some incredible fish for sale. When they found out I was starting my tank, they immediately thought I'd like them... and they were definitely correct! It was my first time having fish shipped to me, but it went very well :)

Oh, really cool! Do they have a website or specific area on this site where they show what they offer? I peeked at the classifieds last night...

Just ordered my lights! I went with the 4" T5 ho 10K/10K from fishneedit.com. Couldn't beat their price! I may also add some extra lights at a later time if I deem it necessary. I really want some" babys tears" (although I haven't researched this plant at all yet).

Going this weekend for PFS...and maybe organic MGpotting soill! Looks like I'll have to start a journal as well, LOL. Do you have to use root tabs in your 125g with the MG?

Back
Top Bottom