oh geeeeezzz....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
too much information all at once...im currently doing a fishless cycle in a 29gal tank...and i have the following plants

1 hygrophila polysperma ( i split it in 3)
1 anubias barteri var. nana
1 echinodorus "red special"
1 cryptocoryne wendtii ( i split it in 2)

im not quite sure about the kind of fertilizer i have to use...ive read the one from seachem is pretty good...i have seachem flourish tabs...and...i also have tropical master grow fertilizer for aquarium plants...havent put any of those in the tank though... :oops: i usually dont like to add any chemicals to the tank other than dechlor...so i was hoping someone can tell me if i have to use both or just one will do... :roll: TIA...

fertilizing depends on lighting intensity, and also CO2 injection. Please list info on those two areas for your 29gal. setup.

You shouldn't need co2 at that light level. If you don't like adding chemicals, don't. Maybe a trace element fertilizer occasionally, but at about 1 wpg your plants won't grow very fast and won't need fertilizer.

Nothing wrong with that setup. For ferts you shouldn't need anything more than Flourish comprehensive. Don't need to add much either. Just a few mL a week.

Back
Top Bottom