OK Everybody, I Need Lighting Help (I Think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Little

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Y'all --

The plants in my 65-gallon tank are simply not growing. The tank has been set up for just over 3 months. At best, they're holding their own. I have Echinodorus "Kleiner Bar", E. "Rubins", E. tennelus, Vallisneria asiatica, Heteranthera zosterfolia, Ceratopteris thalictroides, and Staurogyne repens. I believe all plants are placed appropriately to receive the maximum available lighting.

My Lighting consist of two fixtures; a 3' Aqueon t5 fixture using the two bulbs that came with it (Sorry, I can't remember what the K ratings are) and a 2' single bulb t8 fluorescent that came with the aquarium.

I am a poor public sector employee who is "fixin' to retire", so I can't spend too much on new light fixtures. I've looked all over the internet to try and find bi-pin led bulbs that might fit my existing fixtures with, so far, no luck.

I have not tried to do any fertilizing yet.

The last chemistry check was stable and all of my fish seem to be thriving.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, recommendations or help anyone could give me at this point.

Thanks.

Hey Y'all --

The plants in my 65-gallon tank are simply not growing. The tank has been set up for just over 3 months. At best, they're holding their own. I have Echinodorus "Kleiner Bar", E. "Rubins", E. tennelus, Vallisneria asiatica, Heteranthera zosterfolia, Ceratopteris thalictroides, and Staurogyne repens. I believe all plants are placed appropriately to receive the maximum available lighting.

My Lighting consist of two fixtures; a 3' Aqueon t5 fixture using the two bulbs that came with it (Sorry, I can't remember what the K ratings are) and a 2' single bulb t8 fluorescent that came with the aquarium.

I am a poor public sector employee who is "fixin' to retire", so I can't spend too much on new light fixtures. I've looked all over the internet to try and find bi-pin led bulbs that might fit my existing fixtures with, so far, no luck.

I have not tried to do any fertilizing yet.

The last chemistry check was stable and all of my fish seem to be thriving.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, recommendations or help anyone could give me at this point.

Thanks.

Lightings fine, your lacking in ferts. You actually have a decent amount of light.
I'd suggest if your on a low budget to go with PPS pro or EI dosing. A Google search will give you all the info you need on these. Purchase the dry salts required from Amazon or green leaf aquariums.

You'll want a form of co2 aswell. Either seachem excel (will become expensive in a tank that size) or pressurised. Pressurised is mildly expensive to set up but costs very little after the initial set up. (Refills are very cheap)

Hope I've helped

Back
Top Bottom