Old HOB Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisher12

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have four 4 old hang on back filters that do not work. I'll fill them with water and they make some noise but never turn water over. They came with a 55 gallon I bought and they seem really old. They take up some room so I'm considering trashing them or would they be a easy fix, or useful to someone?

Hello fish...

Toss them. If you can, recycle the plastic. We have recycling places in our area. It's likely you have them too. Invest in a couple of inexpensive dual sponge filters for your tank. Set them up on opposite ends of the tank. These will work as well as anything.

B

I would trash them. Research Aqua Clear 70 and Aqua Clear 110 HOB filters. The 70's cost between $45 - $55, the 110's range from $75 - $100. They are very easy to maintain, rarely have to replace filter media, and rival the filtering ability of canisters.

Why trash them? We don't even know what they are?? If they're original hagen aquackeal and all the plastic is solid? Replacent motors are a fraction of the price of new rigs and they'll run... like new!!! If they're marineland or something?? Yah.. punt them into the recycling bin..

If they are OLD SCHOOL Supreme HOBS the plastic alone is worth something..Post pics of the filters and I may be interested...$$
Plus one with Brookster. Nothing against sponge filters or aquaclears lord knows I have many of each ,but to call waste without ID..I hope you all remember your own way home !

**** I envy your US pricing, ACs up N by me start at $65 otherwise I would have ACs on all my tanks

Sorry everyone, I tossed them after reading that comment.I didn't get notifications for the posts after the first one

Back
Top Bottom