Old liquid fertilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1998golfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
At a garage sale today, I found this bottle of Aqueon aquarium plant food, 500g bottle. I don't know if it's still good to use, but it was sitting outside in the heat for a little while. expiration date is July 2015.

Thanks,
-1998golfer

Not a huge loss if I can't use it, but I couldn't not buy it. It is 95% full, and at retail these are around $15, I got it for $0.50...
I haven't used any fertilizers before, I have bamboo in the tank that is already thriving. No algae problems. I was planning on adding some more plants. My lighting is low-medium. around 30gal total volume (27g marineland cube + 3-4 gallons in canister filter)

Should I dose recommended amount, if I can indeed use this?
Thanks,
-1998golfer

Liquid Fertilizer

At a garage sale today, I found this bottle of Aqueon aquarium plant food, 500g bottle. I don't know if it's still good to use, but it was sitting outside in the heat for a little while. expiration date is July 2015.

Thanks,
-1998golfer

Hello 19...

Liquid plant ferts are best kept in the refrigerator once they've been opened. I'd toss this bottle and if you want some, get some new stuff.

B

If the fertilizer has floating stuff in it, definitely toss it. Pour some out into a cup first and look. If you use ferts that have stuff growing in it, you are going to cause more problems than you will be solving by giving your plants liquid ferts. Signed - school of hard knocks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom