One or two planted + lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a pretty bad picture all the tubes are way to long and all over the place right now. When I do the final setup I will shorten them.

Here are the parts stating from the left.

90 degree 5/8 barb with 3/4 male screwed into the filter housing.

The filter house is a GE whole house with 3/4 inputs.

Right side I have a 3/4 1 inch sprinkler riser. That screws into the filter. The other end screws into the T fitting. It was 3 sided female 3/4 inch. This was harder to find since most are two sides slip with just the top being female.

He top of the T is a 3/4 to 1/4 reducer. In the reducer I have a 1/4 male to 3/16 barb. This was also difficult for me to find in plastic. I got a few so can send you one if you can't find it.

Finally the last piece is a 3/4 male to 5/8 barb once again 90 degree turn.

The only other thing is inside the filter housing.

Inside I used a 3/4 pvc coupler with a 3/4 tube. The tube goes about 1-2 inches from the bottom. At least I think so hard to see since I didn't go the clear route.

There is a lot better pictures if you google cerger reactor but this should give you an idea.

Let me know if you have questions. I haven't used it with co2 so not sure how effective it is but people seem to love them.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417836174.787683.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool build! If I may... ditch that check, has leak written all over it. Your bubble counter should have one integrated??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wasn't sure if my Milwaukee bubble counter bad a check built in or how good it was. You get a strong water flow out of the 3/16 barb so wanted extra protection.

What do you think about using something like plumbing goop to glue the tube to both sides of the check that way it should never go anywhere.

I agree the check is probably the weakest point since there is no barbs.

I wasn't sure if my Milwaukee bubble counter bad a check built in or how good it was. You get a strong water flow out of the 3/16 barb so wanted extra protection.

What do you think about using something like plumbing goop to glue the tube to both sides of the check that way it should never go anywhere.

I agree the check is probably the weakest point since there is no barbs.

I was thinking more of a gas leak? Maybe epoxy will help there. I'm not familiar with the Milwaukee bc, Google it up, search tpt, someone knows something out there on the intraweb. Watch out for cats flying unicorns on a rainbow, they're out there too.

I tested everything with soap water and didn't see any issues. At least as of now!

Might still epoxy it since I have the glue tube already open for a different project I was working on to make a smaller diameter tube for my Python.

I tested everything with soap water and didn't see any issues. At least as of now!

Might still epoxy it since I have the glue tube already open for a different project I was working on to make a smaller diameter tube for my Python.

Yah... worst case is you go through 2 tanks in a month like me;) ooo ooo. I made one of those! Used the polycarbonate tubing from the fluorescent tube aisle. 1 1/4" I believe. .

Back
Top Bottom