Opinions/Advice on Iwagumi Scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
As this is my first Iwagumi, I was wondering if I could get some opinions/ advice on this layout. I know Seiryu or Dragon Stone is usually used, but these are local rocks that I wanted to incorporate into the design if possible, but it's not totally set in stone....Pun intended !! It will be strictly D.B.T . Thanks as always for any input !!

Jim
413907568.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm no expert on Iwagumi scaping, but isn't the idea that the smaller stones direct the eyes to the largest? (I could easily be wrong) Regardless, I like how all the stones seem to be "bowing" to the on in the right corner, the raised left point of which makes it look like a teacher lecturing pupils. My one suggestion would be to perhaps try finding a new spot for the small stone on the left, which seems a little lost nest to the big one.

Please ignore my Madden telestrator skills in the next image. Red arrows mean move the stones and green arrows mean rotate them so that are “flatter”: IMG_6085.jpg I am basing it on this image (you’ve probably seen elsewhere): IMG_6082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom