Ordered a new light strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had to make a Big Al's purchase anyway, so to "save on shipping" I just ordered a new light strip. That's the excuse I keep telling myself anyway. I ordered a 110 Watt Power Compact strip. More specifically, this one. It will put me right at 2 wpg. I know that anything above 2 wpg and you should use CO2. Do I need to worry about that if I am right at 2 wpg?

per lumen output that puts you over 2 WPG (ie CF are more efficient then NO T-12's). let your plants and algae be your guide. some need to add CO2 and some don't.

by my calculations that strip puts you at about 2.7 WPG. (CF are about 135% more efficient then NO T-12's which is what the WPG rule was originally based on)

http://woo.gotdns.com/Aquarium/Lighting.htm

If you do need CO2, at that wpg a DIY system should work just fine, and they are nice and inexpensive! Since somehow I'm managing almost twice that amount of light on DIY, you'll be all set! Good luck with the new lights!

I will need to read up on DIY CO2. The strip should be here by the end of the week. I'm hoping to re-vive my plants and hopefully get into some different types of plants. I am also getting a bottle of Flourish so hopefully the combination of the two will proof successful.

Back
Top Bottom