Ordering plants online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been searching for a bunch of different types of live plants... Unfortunately, there isn't really any *good* plant shops in my area. Most just carry the basic java fern, wisteria, etc... Which is great, except I want Rotala's, dwarf sag, and val's....

Ive been searching online and found a place that seems to have good reviews, great prices, and great deals on shipping. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with them. Opinions and advice?

AquariumPlants.com

No experience with them, but I've heard good things. :)

HN1 and I have vals, dwarf sags, and rotala too. ;)

The site your asking about is kinda okay. They won't guarantee live arrival unless you get next day shipping. I ordered hc Cuba from there site and received duckweed in a mat form. I was new to plants at the time and thought I was getting hc Cuba grown above water. Make sure you get what you order because I brought my problem up and never got a response. I'd go through hn1 and servum mamma.

I have yet to buy plants from them but i have ordered some other items from them before and the shipping was reasonable & my items arrived well before the delivery date given. No complaints!

I ordered live plants from them. I wish I've known about this forums classified section before I made the mistake of ordering from aquariumplants.com

I ordered 7 plants from them. 2 of them were substituted for something else without my approval.

I ordered matted glosso and they substituted with potted. The matt was more expensive $7.99, while the potted was $3.79.

I also ordered Ludwigia Peruensis and they substituted with another similar looking plant I don't know the name of.

I had to call and complain. I'll never order from them again because I've found a better source to buy from.

So be careful what you receive. Double check it and make sure they didn't substitute any plants. Other than that all the plants arrived green and healthy. But if I've known about the classified section of this forum I think I would have saved more money and get no substitutions.

If you google them you'll find a lot of people had similar issues.

I have used them and was very pleased with what I received. They were all healthy and green!

if u want some good plants online go to aquaticjungles.com dustin is a pretty cool dude and u can see some of his vids on youtube at dustinsfishtanks channel

I have ordered several times from aquariumplants.com. My only beef with them is that some of their plants seem to have been grown above water and take some time to adapt to my tank. Once they adapt and start growing new leaves, I removed all of the old leaves and now they are all doing great. I have not lost any of the plants I bought from them.

I have ordered several times from aquariumplants.com. My only beef with them is that some of their plants seem to have been grown above water and take some time to adapt to my tank. Once they adapt and start growing new leaves, I removed all of the old leaves and now they are all doing great. I have not lost any of the plants I bought from them.
A lot of aquatic plants are grown emersed. They grow quicker that way, so they can sell more. IMO, that's not really a bad thing... but they should advertise it as such so that buyers know to expect some die off.

mfdrookie516 said:
A lot of aquatic plants are grown emersed. They grow quicker that way, so they can sell more. IMO, that's not really a bad thing... but they should advertise it as such so that buyers know to expect some die off.

Also no fuss with algae.

I've had entire bunches melt on me. If you think you're going to lose a stem, float it for a few days. That sometimes makes a difference if you get it early enough.

Back
Top Bottom