Other non stem plants for low light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Other than crypts, swords and Anubias, what other non stem plants would be good for a low light setup? Not including floating plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
What about mosses? Java moss for one.. Grows like a weed in the right conditions.

Also there is a thread floating around about Java Fern varieties. Maybe be worth a look.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucephalandra, bolbitis, and I think some bulb plants work well?

Also vals, dwarf sag, and Pygmy chain sword.

I just recommended it in another post. Love love love Water Wisteria and Water Sprite. Very easy to care for. Doesn't have to float.

I just recommended it in another post. Love love love Water Wisteria and Water Sprite. Very easy to care for. Doesn't have to float.

Good suggestion for low light but those are stem plants. :)

You can tell because stem plants can be propagated by cutting off the top parts of the stem and replanting them. And of course they have a stem with leaves branching off.

Yes although I said no stem plants I do like this plant.

Sorry guys, I thought they meant without big roots at the bottom. I get it.

My problem was that I went to the LFS with the intention of not buying stem plants but I didn't do any research and ended up buying plants that looked like non stem plants because of the way they were packaged but actually ended up being stem plants.

Good suggestion for low light but those are stem plants. :)

You can tell because stem plants can be propagated by cutting off the top parts of the stem and replanting them. And of course they have a stem with leaves branching off.
Wisteria is a stem plant, but water sprite is not. It's a rosette plant.

Back
Top Bottom