Otto cats/ plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabriel3303

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've bad my tank running bout a month now i add moss balls to the tank today an have the rest of my plants coming next week dwarf pennywort banana plants an Anubis i wanted to add like 4 octocinclus catfish my tested my water an ammonia-0 nitrate-5 nitrite-0 ph-7.6 is this acceptable for the fish or plants if not what should I do to fix?

Honestly Oto's do much better when added to a mature tank of at least around 4 months are so. Almost all the Oto cats for sale are wild caught and often catchers use Cyanide to stun the little guys making them easier to catch so many aren't very healthy to start with.

Ya its look like its gonna be a miracle if they live ive been reading on em all day and it looks like in general its gonna be lucky if i get em to live im just gonna acclimate them super slow an an watch them really carefully an my water levels guess i have a buddy month if i want these little guys to hold out

That's pretty ****** thats how they get them i ordered stuff from Arizona aquatic gardens have u had any experience with then

I would not suggest ordering from that company. If you do enough research online you will find they have a ton of complains. If you already ordered from them be sure to watch the amounts you get charged as the only time I ordered from them they tried charging me $90 for shipping. They also won't return phone calls or answer emails. I should add tho that many people have done just fine with them. So it's a toss up but just watch your credit card charges.

I did ops lol but it is expensive from them but I couldn't find the plants i wanted else were but all the basic stuff i wanted i found easy at local shops but i think my shipping is $50 which isant too bad across the US but ill definatly watch em thanks

Yes, mostly due to the catching methods used on them. It gets them off to a bad start and then all the various pit stops along the way, customs, shippings, they are often weak when they get to us. It's not uncommon to lose within the first weeks of having them. When added to a mature tank they often fair much better.

I also had a bad experience with Az Aquatic Gardens. I ordered 12 olive nerites, 6 zebra nerites and a UV sterilizer from them in Feb. The 12 olives were all dead in rotten water, only 5 of the zebras lived and I never did get the uv sterilizer. Sent many E mails and left phone messages. They never returned any response. Took me for $145. Grrrrr! I reported them to our state consumer affairs division for all the good that did. Live & learn. OS.

Oh man now im bummed i though i found a good place for uncommon fish an plants :/ least i didn't get a whole lot from there an only plants hopefully they won't be bad

Back
Top Bottom