Outdoor summer tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshWithGuppies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! I hope your holidays were good. I was thinking about starting a outdoor summer pond. Obviously it's a little far away but can't hurt to prepare!

I live in SoCal so it gets pretty warm here in the summer and I would like to know what plants would do well with guppies. I have already decided a 55 gal tub to house the fish outdoors. The only problem is the plants. I have no experience in plants or outdoor tub ponds. Please give me your advice.

Not too sure about the availability in CA but Anacharis / Elodea, can all be floating or planted, Hornwort, Foxtail, Water Sprite, will all be great to take up ammonia. You can get a

Look for someone getting rid of a "pond" - plastic preformed pond, horse troughs and other things, 55G might be filled up with Gups pretty fast!!! I had one and it was around 125G, I used a new from ReStore / Habitat for Humanity 55G trash can as the filter.

Something to consider too is a shade cloth / sail cloth or something to provide shade for part of the day and possibly able to move it with the changing sun movement over the season.

Back
Top Bottom