Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Austin.b said:
Do you think it would be possible to get maybe 2 more chili Rasboras because they are so small? Also maybe one more nerite snail? Thanks!!

Definitly, chilis are nanos so i bet you could fit 2-3 more. Dont worry about nerites and shrimp, your good

IMO, yes. 2 more chilis would be fine. :) Bioload-wise, one more nerite would be fine, but there is not a lot of biofilm/available in a 10g tank for 2 nerites as well as the otos, so I do not suggest doing it. I have kept 2 nerites and 2 otos in my 10g tank but I had to do a lot of supplemental food to keep everybody happy.

absolutangel04 said:
IMO, yes. 2 more chilis would be fine. :) Bioload-wise, one more nerite would be fine, but there is not a lot of biofilm/available in a 10g tank for 2 nerites as well as the otos, so I do not suggest doing it. I have kept 2 nerites and 2 otos in my 10g tank but I had to do a lot of supplemental food to keep everybody happy.

That is true, maybe grow algae on a rock to supplement their needs

absolutangel04 said:

Yeah that was the reason I hesitated on the second snail. I won't get the snail because lack of food for everybody. Thanks for the help!

Gboy66 said:
Yeah, tell us what you end up getting:)

I'm not sure, should I get 2 more chili Rasboras? Or should I splurge on some shrimp;)? If you guys think I should get the shrimp, should I get some black bee shrimp or some red tiger?

What shrimp do you currently have?
You have a fair amount of shrimp, if I were you I would get 2 more chilis.

absolutangel04 said:
What shrimp do you currently have?
You have a fair amount of shrimp, if I were you I would get 2 more chilis.

Most of the shrimp I have are RCS. I do have about 3 red tigers and 1 black bee in already.

Ok. Just checking. Some shrimp can interbreed and just make ugly brown babies with each other. Thats why I was asking. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Ok. Just checking. Some shrimp can interbreed and just make ugly brown babies with each other. Thats why I was asking. :)

Yeah, I have heard of that, But surprisingly don't mind too much :) lol thanks for the help:)

Back
Top Bottom