Pea puffer tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ernest a pic of my dwarf puffer 5 gallon tank. Check it out.
1 pea puffer
3 nerite snails
1 freshwater clam
About 12 ghost shrimp
And maybe some pond snails and MTS.

I just bought the nerites and the clam what should I feed other than algae wafers?

Attachments

• image-2811474348.jpg
    image-2811474348.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 135
If im correct i belive
Puffers eat snails. Feed algae wafers and try some brine shrimp.. Some ghost shrimp will eat Sinking shrimp pellets as well

unless you feed constantly,your clam will die. you need a massive,heavily planted tank to have enough free floating particles for them. nice tank though

The dwarf puffer will eat your snails and shrimp. That is their normal source of food.

Ok but my puffer has never eaten any shrimp, and what do I feed the clam. The clam is close to 10x the size of the puffer so it should ha e a good chance of survival.

I read that if you crush up algae wafers and put the dust into the water the clam would eat that. It is normal for clams to borrow under the gravel right?

FreshwaterTropical said:
I read that if you crush up algae wafers and put the dust into the water the clam would eat that. It is normal for clams to borrow under the gravel right?

Yes it is normal for the clams to burrow. Idk much about what freshwater clams will eat but I know the saltwater ones eat planktonic food. You could try feeding it that and some crushed up flakes and see if it accepts it.

green water is water with suspended algae. and unless you have a lot of free time,that clam is going to die. they eat pretty constantly in nature,filtering out tiny particles

New pictures what do you think? Any suggestions?

Can you see the red leafed stem plant in the back center, does anybody know what it is?
I just bought it and don't know it's name...

Attachments

• image-17620137.jpg
    image-17620137.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1195420729.jpg
    image-1195420729.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom