Peacock fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padderson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. About 2 mos ago I decided to start a planted aquarium. I went to a big box pet store...about all we have here...with very limited knowledge re where to start. The employee recommended a peacock fern as well as a couple other small plants. I have since added a number if other plants bought from live aquaria and am having decent success.

I now know that peacock fern should be a terrarium plant and should not be fully submerged...which mine is. So I'm not sure what to do with mine now. It looks good right now and even appears to have new growth. I see no rotting right now...and it's very pretty! Do I need to pull it right now? Or can I keep an eye on it? Is there any way to continue to use it appropriately in my current aquarium (ie float it or something).

Thanks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393095412.452739.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393095428.819134.jpg

You can leave it in if you want but it will eventually begin to deteriorate and will need to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom