Pearling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my plants are pearling what exactly does this mean I sum what get it just want full understanding thanks

It means that the plants are in high gear. They are producing O2 through photosynthesis so quickly that oxygen bubbles are forming in the water and floating to the surface.

Did you just do a large water change? If you poured the water in quickly, air bubbles will get trapped on the plants. That could be what you are observing. If not and you have turned the plants around that quickly, kudos!

Based on your remark that your fake plants were pearling as well in another thread, I'm guessing you're seeing the effects of a water change (happens to me all the time)... But it looks very similar.

I did a water change but I didn't pour it in I used a python on the opposite side of the tank so did that do it or are they actually pearling

mfdrookie516 said:
Based on your remark that your fake plants were pearling as well in another thread, I'm guessing you're seeing the effects of a water change (happens to me all the time)... But it looks very similar.

My fake ones I knew were from the water change because that was the side I did my water change on but didn't know if that was also true for my live plants

Back
Top Bottom