Pearling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got my first pearling in an amazon sword I added yesterday. All I did was drain 5 gallons of water. Going to add it back and hopefully will see more. Exciting to see my first pearling ever???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It sounds like there is a lot of dissolved gases your tap water. If possible, during the next PWC if you would pour the new water from the tap into a bucket and let it sit out for a day or so. This would allow it to gas off. Then add it to the tank and see if you get the same effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did notice last week I get a lot more pearling when using a python to add water compared to emptying a 5 gallon bucket full of water.

I did notice last week I get a lot more pearling when using a python to add water compared to emptying a 5 gallon bucket full of water.

Most likely because the water came straight from the tap and was not aerated (which btw is a two way street...gases can be dissolved or expelled).

So based on all this confusion if I don't see pearling unless i do a Pwc does that mean something is a limiting factor (maybe lights)?

5 bps and med.lighting should get those plants crying. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Might have to try that. I am getting some good growth as is so part of me says just keep the setup as is for now.

Back
Top Bottom