pearling macrandra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I haven't gotten the color right, but I have to say there is nothing like mac when it is pearling. The pic is a little blurry. I need a better camera for close ups. Still, Mac still amazes me as much as it frustrates.

Attachments

• pearling-macrandra-web_906.jpg
    pearling-macrandra-web_906.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 109
  • pearling-macrandra-web_906.jpg
    pearling-macrandra-web_906.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 107
Very ,Very nice! Mac is the toughest plant I have ever tried. It can be growing great, then it crashes hard. I have removed it from my tank. It drove me crazy. Hats of to you Sherry, I know you have been at this one for a while! You have inspired me to maybe try it again. :)

Looks Great!!!

I am about to redo my tank and was plannning on using macaranda, I'm purposefully choosing plants I've never grown before and am looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Let us know how you go with the colour!

thanks guys!!! I'm blushing mac red : )

30 gallon cube, ph 5.9, kh 1 from tap no buffering, gh 3 (with ghbooster), pressurized co2 as Co2 mist (in fact if the mist isnt' going, the tank doesn't pearl. I had my powerhead off ot feed the fish, forgot to put it back on, and no pearling at all today!). temp 78 with the help of a fan blowing toward lights, and 96 watts 6500 k, 40 watts actinic and 40 watts 6700. LOTS of weeds!

very nice sherry...........mine only pearls at the top.

Back
Top Bottom