Pennywort and is badly melting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krtyr26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 125 gallon planted tank and have pennywort in it, at least that's what I believe it is that is not thriving at all. I took out a portion and put it in my five gallon nano and left it alone, it blew up in that tank like a weed meanwhile the other in the larger tank is melting away and ideas why. I use root tabs, flourish, and trace elements in my big tank and in my nano I don't put any supplements in it. Please help!! IMG_1186.jpgIMG_1184.jpg

Looks like hydrocotyle Japan. It's a carpeting plant rather than a stem. If u plant it's runners in the substrate it should form a carpet

There's virtually no competition in the 5 gallon. It's closer to the light and has access to all the nutrients and carbon dioxide. The big tank is the complete opposite. That's why it's dying.

Okay thank you guys I'm gonna move the sad plant to nano to try to get it back and upgrade my light

Okay thank you guys I'm gonna move the sad plant to nano to try to get it back and upgrade my light

No problem. Why don't you tell us a bit more about your current setup?

Light

Co2?

Filter

Substrate

Plants

Fish

And what you are hoping to achieve [emoji106][emoji846]

I just upgraded my 40 gallon to a 125 gallon discus (main focus) community tank. I am now using sand a cascade canister and a aquenon filter (I will change that to a better one soon) I used root tabs, in conjunction with flourish and sea chem trace elements. I have excel but noticed when I used it I got bb algae and it reduced when I stoped ( probably due to missing days here and there) the lighting is factory t8 plus I have my finnex planted 24/7 plus light over center. I have swords, java ferns, rapens, Anubis, pennywort (it's not doing well)and a couple others I can't remember exact type off hand.

Tank is very nice. Ive failed twice recently with pennywort in two different tanks. There are a couple different cultivars of the plant. I really like the plant. It bothered me I had little success with it.

I have no science to offer but I have the belief that it may not be glut friendly.

It thrived and grows like a week in my nano I do nothing with whereas it's melting away in larger tank that I put supplements in

Back
Top Bottom