Permacolor or Ceramaquartz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan87500

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted a topic a few days ago about using gravel because my kids wanted color gravel. I might have found a solution. Looks like I can get pink or purple permacolor or Ceramaquartz from a distribution 10 minutes from my house. Since I am not meeting the minimum order it is a little more pricey but still a decent deal for 50 pounds.

My question is would his product be better than using gravel? I was thinking about getting the T grade since is is a little thicker.

I assume others have used this product so wanted to get thoughts.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ceramaquartz is basically colored sand. I would definitely get the T-grade. The S-grade is very fine.

I will pretty much always choose sand over gravel but it is more of a personal preference. I find it easier to clean and manage.

Is there any difference in the Permacolor vs Cermaquartz for fish tanks? The sales rep said the Cermaquartz tends to be a little better in high UV situations. I assume that wouldn't apply to the fish tank?

Based on the website I believe Permacolor comes more color choices which might meet my needs better. I assume since the T grade is like sand it wouldn't harm bottom feeders.

Back
Top Bottom