Perpetual Preservation System - Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update PPS-Pro

Really happy with the PPS-Pro ferts..:)
I also split the tiger lotus, trying to keep it low

Attachments

• DSC02695.jpg
    DSC02695.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 96
Wow looking REALLY GOOD! I've also started using PPS-Pro a few months ago. Although I've never tried EI dosing, I'm very pleased with PPS-Pro since i don't have to waste extra ferts and don't have to do 50% PWC's weekly.

What substrate are you using?

I bought all of the chemicals separately from a chemical supply company, so i add nutrients only after testing. I do not test for boron so i just add it regularly

Wow looking REALLY GOOD! I've also started using PPS-Pro a few months ago. Although I've never tried EI dosing, I'm very pleased with PPS-Pro since i don't have to waste extra ferts and don't have to do 50% PWC's weekly.

What substrate are you using?

It is just Pool filter sand, I have been thinking in switching to ECO complete. But just thinking in the extra work!!! I'm not sure yet

It is just Pool filter sand, I have been thinking in switching to ECO complete. But just thinking in the extra work!!! I'm not sure yet

Well that's amazing growth for just using sand! I thought that maybe you just used the sand as a cap for something else. You have to be using root tabs... Right?

I don't think you need to change your sand out. Your plants obviously think it's fine. Lots of people use PFS, it grows everything.

I don't think you need to change your sand out. Your plants obviously think it's fine. Lots of people use PFS, it grows everything.

I agree with you, maybe I was thinking on the change more for appearance, maybe I'm a little tired of the sand color. I just started a new planted 10G tank for shrimps with tetras and micro rasboras, with the ECO complete, and the black color in the substrate looks great, here is a pic

Attachments

• image-3495572935.jpg
    image-3495572935.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 76
Holy crap that's an awesome 10 gallon! I agree about the look of EC. I have it in my 20 and two 5s. It just sets off the colors of everything in the tank. I can see how white sand would be great for penguin or black tetras. I'm looking to add some glass catfish to my tank right now. I never would've bothered with them without the black substrate. You may want to get Flouramax instead of Eco Complete for such a huge tank. It's sold dry and is basically the same thing but you don't pay for wet weight. Very economical.

Is that Brazilian Pennywort in the 10? Mine has so many roots that it almost distracts from the look of the leaves.

molliwopp said:
Can i get substrate smaller than gravel but bigger than sand?

I used fine pea gravel in three planted tanks that were filled with plants for many years (two 55s and a 10). Just about any small smooth gravel or sand will work as will Oildri, black blasting sand and even some types of kitty litter. There are lots of options from super cheap hardware store products to very pricy bonsai clay, and most work very well with plants.

Back
Top Bottom