Petco driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingforfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever had experience with these?

My petco is selling driftwood with anubias attached to it or with it. They always seem to be sold out, but there was I time I saw one (unfortunately I didn't get it). They sell it for $13, which, by the way, has me completely clueless of whether its reasonable or not (complete beginner here haha). Ill be going again soon.

If I do get it though, I plan to wash it in hot water, will that work?

Thanks. :)

I've seen those before at petco. I've noticed at the petco by me they come in different sizes and conditions. I've seen them in okay shape, while other times, full of algae... so I suppose it would depend on how it looks if I'd get it. I prefer to buy the driftwood separately, either Malaysian or manzanita DW, and the anubias separately. I find it fun and in some cases, cheaper to do it myself.

Running water is always a good thing on it. You should probably run some 3% hydrogen peroxide on it too in case there's unwanted pests and/or algae before introducing it to your tank.

I've seen those before at petco. I've noticed at the petco by me they come in different sizes and conditions. I've seen them in okay shape, while other times, full of algae... so I suppose it would depend on how it looks if I'd get it. I prefer to buy the driftwood separately, either Malaysian or manzanita DW, and the anubias separately. I find it fun and in some cases, cheaper to do it myself.

Running water is always a good thing on it. You should probably run some 3% hydrogen peroxide on it too in case there's unwanted pests and/or algae before introducing it to your tank.

Alright, thanks! The last (and only one) I saw seemed medium sized, and looked clear of algae.

The reason why I asked about this is that I've been meaning to get driftwood and anubias, and it sounded like the perfect package lol. They rarely have it around for me to get though--so there must be something right.

Well if that's the last one and you like it, better go get it before someone else does! Haha

Maybe you should call and ask them to hold it for you.

Hello Fishing...

The deal is a good one. Get as much of it as you can. You just need to rinse it well in warm tap water and clip off any damaged or yellow leaves, then into the tank. The Anubias doesn't need to be planted, so you can just lay the piece on top of the substrate. Good choice. This plant isn't light demanding, so will grow well in most tank conditions.

B

Hello Fishing...

The deal is a good one. Get as much of it as you can. You just need to rinse it well in warm tap water and clip off any damaged or yellow leaves, then into the tank. The Anubias doesn't need to be planted, so you can just lay the piece on top of the substrate. Good choice. This plant isn't light demanding, so will grow well in most tank conditions.

B

Thank you! Ill be getting one soon, hopefully by this week.

Back
Top Bottom