PFS and Eco-complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkilling1

Aquarium Advice Addict
i currently have PFS in my aquarium and really like it, but i am in the process of upgrading my lighting and plants. 28 gal tank with 65 watts NO bulbs and just started CO2 injection (DIY) a couple of days ago. today i purchased an XP2 to get ride of my HOB so my CO2 will not off gas as much.

ok now onto the question:

i know i could use tabs under the PFS for the root feeders, but could i use Eco-complete in some nylon bags as a tab? i will not have to replace it as often as a tab and i can get a lot of little bags out of one bag of Eco-complete.

Nope. Eco is not a root tab. It does have some nutrients, and is capable of holding nutrients, but isn't a tab that gives off nutrients. But you could find some clay and make your own tabs by adding the ferts to the clay and then let it harden.

thanks for the reply.

what about Flourite or Laterite?

they are clay based correct?

florite won't work either. laterite is a clay type substance, not unlike kitty litter.

but its mean to be layered under your substrate, because it dissolves easily and rapidly clouds the water with silt.

if you want root tabs for cheap, make them yourself.

malkore said:
if you want root tabs for cheap, make them yourself.

i guess if thats my only option then i better start researching those. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom