Phosphate Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so Ive been able to raise my nitrates to 12.5 ppm with the seachem product. my next question is how do I raise the KH, assuming that 0 is bad?

Could you test the output of your tap water purifiter for us?
NO3, PO4, KH, GH and PH would all be usefull.
and the results from your tapwater before being run through it would also be helpfull..
TIA

greenmaji...the following is the output from the water coming out of the purifier. One additional question...have you used the water purifier yourself? Im curious because it seems as if nomatter what I do, I cant get the small particles inside the filter to stay there, they always seem to find their way into the water. Im speaking of the tiny clear and green crystal-like pellets.

Thanks again!

NO3 = 0
PO4 = 0
KH = 0
GH = 0
PH = 7

oops...forgot the test results before the purifier...Ill be back in a few minutes with those.

I personaly havnt needed to use a product like that.. but I do know the nature of it..
the deionization crystals shrink in size as they are being exasted, I would asume your getting exasted crystals or beads coming through the screen they have built into the filter.
thanks for the report on the product though.. :p
you might want to contact AP and ask them if thats normal though.. they should have designed around that issue if that makes any sence.. HTH

Ok, so I got a bit side tracked, but Im back now.

Pre-filtered tap water is now:

NO3 = 0
PO4 = .5
KH = 3
GH = 5
PH = 7

The strange thing here is that I must have tested the tap water and got 10ppm a dozen or so times, now its suddenly dropped to .05?? which I retested 4 times...now Im wondering if I need that thing anymore, but I guess Ill just test the water before using it every time.

I will follow up with the mfg on the water purifier to see what they have to say.

your municipal supply might be doing funny things on you.. I would discontiue use of it if your going for a fully planted tank.. but I would test its PO4 content before doing any water changes.. and use it when it spikes back up..

get ahold of your municipal water supply and ask them why your PO4 when up and if they are planning on it being a cylical thing.. some members have spikes monthly for some reason..

Back
Top Bottom