pics of 29g community and 5 gallon betta tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's maintenance day! So here are some updated pics of my 29 gallon planted community. The angels are still a tad shy hiding on the left.
Final stock in this tank: 2 angels, 8 neons, 1 bovilian ram, 4 otos, 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 panda cories, 4 false julli cories, 3 khuli loaches, 1 apple snail, a couple of ghost shrimp, and malaysian trumpet snails in the sand.

Planted with wisteria, anubias on mopani wood on the right, java fern on malaysian driftwood on the left (not doing to well), dwarf sagittaria, a couple of crypts, and one aponengeton that came from a bag of bulbs. (the only one that sprouted).
Seachem root tabs used, dosing excel every other day and seachem flourish twice a week.
Running 2 aquaclear 50's. Tank temp about 80 degrees.

I welcome comments, questions, and suggestions!
View attachment 59770

View attachment 59771

And here are my kids two 5 gallon betta tanks. One has a female and the other has a male. Each tank has an apple snail and malaysian trumpet snails. Planted with dwarf sagittaria, wisteria, and a crypt. Dosing same ferts as 29 gallon, temp around 80, but I hate the filters, they are cheapo HOB filters , so I am thinking of getting a couple of aquaclear mini's.

View attachment 59772

View attachment 59773

More plants! fill it in a it more and I think it will be great. Id line the back of the tank with Wisteria and a few other stem plants.

filters seem to be doing a good job cuz the water in the pic looks crystal clear;)

maybe for the 29G plant a bit more heavily and add a sense of depth with plants? add some in the corners???

looks great though;)

Great start! Give those plants some time to grow..you'll have more plant cover and the tanks will be looking great. :)

Yes I am eventually going to jave wisteria all along the back, but don't have any more money in my aquarium budget so I gave to wait for it to grow in. I'm seeing lots of new growth every day and when it hits the top I'm gonna cut some off for the corners.
Gotta be careful though so the filters don't suck up the plants.

Back
Top Bottom