Pics of my first planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here it is:

img_749344_0_b433f5c8bfe35748d6be06ff42929393.jpg

Tank specs:
flourite subsrate
pressurized c02
36watt 65k
aquaclear filter
Sea chem ferts

Plants:

Glossostigma
narrowleaf temple
green hedge
rotela mag.
microsword
junglewall

Not sure if these are the scientific names but they are the names on my order form.

I have planted little stems of glosso all over the bare area in the front of the tank. Hopefully it will cover it up like a carpet. How long will it take to grow in?

Hot pink gravel, way to go! Makes the tank look very unique. You have most of the plant names correct but the green hedge is a non-aquatic, get rid of it and let your retailer know.

I've never done glosso, can't tell you from experience how long it will take. Most folks state that it's a slow grower and depends on light levels.

Nice (y)

lol. its not actually hot pink gravel its just regular flourite but my light is a little pink and my camera is just awful. My new light should arrive sometime today (Hopefully).

it took mine about 1 month to complete the carpet. i agree with the hedge plant. chuck it and let your plant place know. u may want to spread some of the clippings around. give them room to fill in. u may end up with dead bottoms if they are crowded to much. looks good though. a nice peice of driftwood would really set off that tank.

I love the aquascape. Usually us "plant-newbs" tend to evenly spread the plants which gives very little form/shape to the tank.

Nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom