Pics of My Grow-Out Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thought I would post a few pics of my 30G grow-out tank. It actually has more species of plants packed into it than my 125G planted tank :p There really is no aquascaping other than keeping the tall plants to the back. I've got Flag Fish breeding in there when they're not busy keeping it clean.

GrowOut_141105_01_x800.jpg

GrowOut_141105_02_x800.jpg

GrowOut_141105_03_x800.jpg

Very nice grow out tank. I agree with Rich, good thing you don't bother with the aquascaping much. Looks fantastic!

OK, now your just showing off! :lol: Looks great! Better than any of my displays when I did planted FW.

travis, you're too modest! "just" a grow out tank--hah! sweeeeeet!

Simply lovely! You weren't kidding when you said you spent most of Sunday repositioning your plants. It's a definate improvement :biglol:

Thanks guys :) Seriously I didn't aquascape it at all. All I did was try to figure out a way to cram all of my spare plants into it while leaving a little open room in front where I can put plants that I particularly want to watch. The camera must flatter it because if you could see it up close you would see the jumble of plants it contains. There must be 30 or 40 species in there.

I've got four or five Flag Fish in there as well as a few L. caeruleus fry that I'm trying to separate from the prison riot that is my big tank. I got the Flag Fish at an LFS. They're hard to come by here in Denver but I'll bet you could find them on AquaBid.com.

Back
Top Bottom