Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks--Thanks for all your help --some pictures of your work!

Attachments

• fishtank.jpg
    fishtank.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Fish tank 004.jpg
    Fish tank 004.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Fish tank 003.jpg
    Fish tank 003.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Fish tank 001.jpg
    Fish tank 001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 71
Cliffz, that is a beautiful tank. Like figiwigi says, nice clear water and no algae. The plants look very healthy. Your light/fert routine is doing well. We may have guided you a bit but that's your hard work! :) What is the red plant in the middle?

Looks great so far. I look forward to more pictures once the aquarium has finished filling in.

That is a great looking tank. Your hard work really shows. ;-)

A simple background of black or blue posterboard could really make those great looking plants stand out even more.

Very nice Cliffz. I have also have to say that a black background would make your tank even more noticable. I also agree with An t-iasg, you are the one who made this, not use.

Folks--Thanks for all your nice comments. What is funny--I just took a light blue poster board background off last week cause it started to bend a bit! It was up for years!! Black--hmmm--maybe i'll try black!!
The red main spread out plant is an red sword. The other is in the Ludwiega family. The ludweiga is the new one I'm hoping to keep red. The red sword has always maintained its color but recently started getting holes in the leaves. Maybe snails? Japonica shrimp? Potassium deficency?

Thanks again--keep u posted!

I am so jealous, I have never been able to get my ground cover plants to grow like that. What are the tank specs? How much light, do you add CO2?

Alshain,
It took a very long time for the ground cover to take. Part of the problem in the beginning was the cory cats uprooted them! After giving away yhe cory's and loaches--it too root.
55gal
greg watson dry ferts
injected co2
eco complete
2X65w 6 hrs a day. (just increased to try and keep some red color in tank.

That must be my problem then, I have 3 clowns and 5 albino cories. I'm not getting rid of them though. Other than that I have almost the same setup, my plants do pretty good with the exception of the clover/HC that I have tried.

Nice tank! Looks great - congrats.
For the background (may be a bit difficult at this point, lol) but I paint the sides and back with the fleckstone paint. Not sure if you remember that stuff, think people used to paint their lamps and stuff to make it look like stone. Basically I tape up the tank, it sprays on really nice. I use the black, white fleck. Looks great as a background. Not to be confused with paint, it actually has texture on it, keeps the lighting in the tank, pretty sweet. I think you can get the paint at walmart even in the craft sections. Takes a few bottles, but super nice effect.

Back
Top Bottom