Pictures of planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was fortunate to find a person in my area who gave me some of her clippings for free. Everything you see in my tank was given to me from her. With that being said, this was about 2 months ago and since then those clippings have turned into massive plants.. whose clippings have been replanted and all that good stuff.

img_464286_0_5ae0de2c5b7dab2cb7108719152c70fc.jpg

img_464286_1_cd40c1fd66522aefa93e723682a6bde5.jpg

img_464286_2_c90070641a582e084a00e76e8628bf15.jpg

WOW! Very nice. Tell me about the rest of the story. What plants and substrate? CO2? Lighting? I'm staring a tank and I'm a sponge! LOL

good job on the plant layout so far. aquascaping, for me, is harder than growing healthy plants, because it's an artform, rather than testing and adding what's lacking.

thumbs up

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
My goal is to get the whole back wall to be covered in Cabomba. I would like a foreground plant (other than whats around the driftwood), but Im not sure what I would like, and what would work best in my tank. I'm just kinda going with the flow at the moment =o)

QuantumCranker said:
WOW! Very nice. Tell me about the rest of the story. What plants and substrate? CO2? Lighting? I'm staring a tank and I'm a sponge! LOL

I was kind of thrown into the world of planted aquariums. I bought the whooooooole set up (worth over $2000) for $300 and I got everything.. so I kinda put it all together and I got plants. So my answers might not be all that helpful =oP
My substrate is eco-complete
My lighting is a 250 watt bulb
I'll tell you the plants I know the names of off the top of my head =o)
Java fern (attached to the left driftoowd), Cabomba (in the middle and back right corner), crypts (?) in front of the right driftwood.. yah, I can't think of the names of the others

CO2... its there... but I Im having issues with a leak.. so its not a constant, balanced CO2 injection... quite frankly, when it comes to Co2, i don't know what im doing.

Man, I guess im a poster child for "planted aquariums for idiots" =o)
If *I* can get my tank to look like that.. ANY ONE can =o)

Is that a limnophila sp? That stuff grows like weeds. . . get ready to prune bi-weekly! Layout looks terrific.

oops just read post saying it's cabomba. . . hard to tell in pics. VERY NICE! I'd say you're poster child for "luckiest plant geek ever".

Back
Top Bottom