Pink bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billsey420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is a pink colored bulb the best for growing plants or is it a gimmick

Funny, I've wondered same thing. They suppose to have proper k value for plants, but so does a 5-10k bulbs. Sorry I'm not helping but maybe someone experimented with the difference.

mohican said:
Funny, I've wondered same thing. They suppose to have proper k value for plants, but so does a 5-10k bulbs. Sorry I'm not helping but maybe someone experimented with the difference.

I have a pink t8 bulb but it is only 15 watts which I not enough to grow plants but I like how it brings out different colors in the fish

All pink bulbs are not created equal. High quality bulbs like ATI and Geisemann are where the best bulbs come from. Something like a Geisemann AquaFlora bulb, that happens to be pink, is an exceptional bulb, especially when mixed with a Midday to equal out the overall hue. Realistically, in a low light setup with lower end bulbs, about anything in the 'daylight' range is going to be acceptable.

mfdrookie516 said:
All pink bulbs are not created equal. High quality bulbs like ATI and Geisemann are where the best bulbs come from. Something like a Geisemann AquaFlora bulb, that happens to be pink, is an exceptional bulb, especially when mixed with a Midday to equal out the overall hue. Realistically, in a low light setup with lower end bulbs, about anything in the 'daylight' range is going to be acceptable.

I also have an odyssea ho t5, that's what I would like to get a pink bulb for to see how it looks I'll check out those bulb you said thou thanks for the help

greetings.

the only reason to me that a pink bulb could be useful to plants is because of the light spectrum it emits, which i assume the box will tell more about. this link shows the ideal spectrum for plants. http://www.akvariegoedning.dk/images/stories/billeder_til_artikler/plante_spekter.png
the other thing to keep in mind is that the bulb might not emit as much lumen as a regular bulb, however a regular bulb emits different light spectrums. the ideal light for an aquarium is a mix of spectrums that comes as close as possible to the linked graph.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

nereksnad said:
greetings.

the only reason to me that a pink bulb could be useful to plants is because of the light spectrum it emits, which i assume the box will tell more about. this link shows the ideal spectrum for plants. http://www.akvariegoedning.dk/images/stories/billeder_til_artikler/plante_spekter.png
the other thing to keep in mind is that the bulb might not emit as much lumen as a regular bulb, however a regular bulb emits different light spectrums. the ideal light for an aquarium is a mix of spectrums that comes as close as possible to the linked graph.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

Thanks for the advise, the graph will come in handy when I go to buy new bulbs

Back
Top Bottom