Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it! Do it!
Another nice size tank is a 30L or 33L. That's LONG not LITRES; just to be clear.
With shallow tanks you will be trimming frequently. 12" depth - 2" substrate...you will get the most out of your lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A 30L or 33L would be the bee's knees!

20L Mafia (members wanted)

A 30L or 33L would be the bee's knees!

20L Mafia (members wanted)

I'm just starting a 20L. All this plant talk made me do it. I told the lady i was doing it for the GBR pair. Lol. Everyone's tanks look amazing. Does everyone think Co2 is the way to go?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You guys are definitely selling your points. Dollar a gallon sale better not be going on.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd post pics of mine, but lights are off, and it's crap compared to your guys stuff. Been breeding fish and keeping very low level plants for yrs. So I'm just Starting to try my hand with a nice planted 20L.

Thanks to everyone. Your tanks made me do it. Lol

I'm just starting a 20L. All this plant talk made me do it. I told the lady i was doing it for the GBR pair. Lol. Everyone's tanks look amazing. Does everyone think Co2 is the way to go?

As I I really enjoy my 20L(med/high tech),I have other medium/low tech tanks I enjoy just as much..pressurized co2 definitely opens alot of doors along with stronger lighting,an upgraded fert regime and nutrient rich substrates(not saying this can't be done with various sand types alone)..

20L Mafia

As I I really enjoy my 20L(med/high tech),I have other medium/low tech tanks I enjoy just as much..pressurized co2 definitely opens alot of doors along with stronger lighting,an upgraded fert regime and nutrient rich substrates(not saying this can't be done with various sand types alone)..

20L Mafia

I'm using an led, flourish, Excell, flavor plant micro nutrient first. That's it. I'm thinking of trying dry first mixed in Clay and depositing Lil balls of the mixture all around the substrate.

That was supposed to say fluval not flavor. Lol

You guys are making me wanting to go see if I can score a tank now.

30 longs are pretty sweet but a 40 long would be better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

30 longs are pretty sweet but a 40 long would be better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes,yes a 40L would be better...I think with Pitt setting up a new 40L he'd most definitely be setting the bar for others...

20L Mafia

See... See what pitbully got me down over here. I just bought a bubble counter and a diffuser. Both fluval.

Be careful on the planted tank section of the forum we love to spend other peoples money ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll let ya help me all ya guys want. You guys have awsome planted tanks. I'm abt to purchase 4 - 48" finnex planted plus because of pitbully tanks. Lol

40L would require a new fixture....bml...lol. The 30L sounds nice, what are the specs for those? I considering the 20L since I've already have the 2 planted +s. You ppl are to nice and have motivated me to start taking better care of my tank and get more involved in our hobby. So thank you. I have a large sheet of glass and been thinking about making a custom tank. What do yall think of these dimensions 30in x 14in x 16in? Also I met a Discus breeder today at my second job who said he would hook me up. Another possibility? Discus and CO2; now let the controversy being.

I agree. The 33L has a great foot print for planted tanks and is shallow enough to grow most things, making it easier to work with/in as well. I saw one for the first at a LFS about a week ago and now I'm dying to get one!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431936647.032993.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

Back
Top Bottom