Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good man! filling in quite nicely! Snowday huh?!?!? Must be nice....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Brook. You would laugh at what they consider snow days here.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Brook. You would laugh at what they consider snow days here.

I got to try out my snow blower this morning! Snow in NC can reek havoc. I remember the last big storm that passed through the carolinas. Apocalyptic. It made the news up here (VA).
Tank is looking good. It will be a shame when you have to break it down. Will you be able to set this back up after you move? You might be able to send away the plants and fish to someone (plural) for them to "foster" while you move. Honestly, I think we are all pretty much growing the same plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Snow blower wouldn't work here. I would need an ice pick. Roads are clear but really no movement. I not looking forward to breaking down the tank and yes I will be taking it with me and setting it up at the new house. Hopefully I can get a new tank without scratches on the front glass. I was thinking about sending everything forward but I still have to figure it out.

Snow blower wouldn't work here. I would need an ice pick. Roads are clear but really no movement. I not looking forward to breaking down the tank and yes I will be taking it with me and setting it up at the new house. Hopefully I can get a new tank without scratches on the front glass. I was thinking about sending everything forward but I still have to figure it out.

We got "lucky" here. I had to drive around for 4 hours and make it look like I was busy for all the security cameras. Oh well, it's coins for the bank.

How far is the move going to be ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

That is a bit of distance. At least I'll be able to drive over and pick anything up you longer want ??.

Thanks Tiger. I trimmed some plants last night and replanted the tops. Hopefully in a month or two it will show what's in my head.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's one FW near me but I haven't attended as their meeting night is the same as my shift at the FD. Where you're headed you may have better luck.

If you have scratches on the front glass couldn't you turn the tank 180° so the front glass would be the back glass?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's one FW near me but I haven't attended as their meeting night is the same as my shift at the FD. Where you're headed you may have better luck.

I'm hoping they might be one.

If you have scratches on the front glass couldn't you turn the tank 180° so the front glass would be the back glass?

I spray painted the back glass black before I realized the front was scratched. I couldn't wait to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just a little update. The 29 is doing good and got the BBA under control. I just got my first canister filter the ehiem classic 250. Haven't installed it yet, probably going to do an unboxing video on it. I also bought a sunsun jvp 110 wave maker. It's sucks, but I'm only out $8. Other than that nothing has really changed. Here are some pictures of the tank after a Lil maintenance last night. One with just my spot light on, one with on planted+ on, then some angle shots. Have a good weekend.

Attachments

• 1425130721271.jpg
    1425130721271.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 1425130759944.jpg
    1425130759944.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 72
  • 1425130863886.jpg
    1425130863886.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 1425130903112.jpg
    1425130903112.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 74
Tank is looking lush and healthy. Endlers are striking.
Please post what you like and don't like about the Ehiem classic 250. Everything from ease of setup, priming/no priming, running noise, flow rate, filter chamber capacity (one large container), comfort level with design and durability, add-ons (reactor, etc.). From what I've read, the gph when filled is somewhere between 110-130 (from a TPT review).

This was from last year before I got the planted+. I snapped a few pics of the tank with subdued lighting (it takes a while for the CFLs to warm up to full light). It gives a different "texture" than an all out full coverage light.
IFgBarc.jpg
u4r9MP9.jpg

Yeah my spot light takes a bit to warm up. I have it come on first to wake up everything (ramp up..lol). I like the effect it gives.

Fresh, Checkout these clipping, would you want them?

Attachments

• 1425145091454.jpg
    1425145091454.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 72
Yes, as long as you include the floral paper towels. I can always use some reds.

Back
Top Bottom